With a made-to-order model, nothing is produced until you are measured, fitted with our template system and the order is finalised. By definition, made-to-order means “made according to a customer’s specifications.” Therefore, each made-to-order garment is made only upon commission by the client, instead of having a ready inventory kept on hand like that in off-the-rack set-ups.
There’s more in it for you and our planet when you go custom — clothes are produced only when a client needs them, thus curbing excess production and wastage, and you get a garment made specially for you.
Furthermore, to support an ethical and sustainable culture, CLOSEKNIP adopts best practices at work and in its production; from sourcing for eco-friendly fabrics and packaging, customer education, to engaging with recycling partners.
HOW ARE WE SUSTAINABLE?
- All our fabrics follow the strict requirements for clothing textiles within Europe. This means no harmful substances are to be found in our fabrics, from yarn to finished product.
- We localise most of our production process to minimise logistical transportation, thus reducing carbon emissions.
- Our cutting technique enables maximum usage of the fabric, which decreases fabric wastage.
- We produce premium clothes that last a long time. That’s why we only use high-quality materials throughout our garments, in interlinings, buttons, and threads.
- We invest in eco-friendly packaging that is reusable and made of materials that are less harmful to the environment.
- Our ready-to-wear line of products utilise eco-friendly materials, like 100% biodegradable TENCEL™, as well as help protect the environment, for example, usage of laundry bags trap lint and prevent them from polluting water sources.
- We encourage our customers to participate in our green programme by bringing back their old shirts and pants to be donated to our recycling partner.